Saturday, March 22, 2008

Uplifting Yet Sad

Funerals are nice in one aspect because its a celebration of life and its sooo spiritual. In another aspect its sad to see the ones you love go. Today Spencer and I attended the funeral of our sealer. He was also in our ward and Spencer knew him for many years. He was an awesome man and a wonderful example to all of us. It was like my grandpa dying all over again. They were the same age. It also has us mourning the dying of a great generation. The generation that valued life more than we will ever understand to do. The generation that knew how to work, reuse and loved fellow brotheren more. This generation is speedily disappearing and sometimes it scares me. I just hope that we can learn and remember what they knew and did.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kjera, it's always sad when someone you know dies. But like you, I try to think of the life that was spent in happiness, love, & in service. I'm sorry for your lose, even if I didn't know him.