Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Powerhouse Pizza

12-inch unbaked pizza crust, homemade or store-bought (homemade is so easy)
3/4 c. pizza sauce (I just use spahgetti sauce if I have it, I sometimes make my own)
1 c. grated low fat mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise or on the diagonal
1/2 c. roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onions
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 f
2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet and backe for 10 min in preheated oven
3. Spread the pizza sauce over the crust
4. Scatter mozzarella cheese over sauce
5. Top with zucchini, red peppers and onions
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top
7. Bake for 20 min or until crust is nice and brown and the center bubbly.
8. Serve warm

serves 4

Nutritional facts per serving
calories 249; Carbs, 36 g; protein, 16 g; fat 5 g; saturated fat 2 g; cholesterol, 4 mg; fiber, 3 g; sodium, 342 mg; percent from fat 18% this is an official 5 a day recipe

my kids love this recipe and the best part is its healthier than most things out there!!

3 comments:

kjera said...

with the zucchini I just cut like you would a cucumber. Its easier for the kids to eat it like that.

Anonymous said...

I need to try that.

kjera said...

ya i bet your kids will eat it