Friday, February 8, 2008

Kindergarten Transition

I thought I was done with kindergarten registration, but I was wrong. Since Connor is a special needs student for speech, he doesn't get registered normally. I had to attend a meeting on wednesday night for kindergarten transition. They filled us in on a lot of info. Like what do they expect from your child as he/she is entering kindergarten. What their curriculum will be and what they should be able to do when they move on to first grade. They have 10 different kinds of kindergarten classes. When they figure out which one your child will be entering, you have to go observe the class and take notes and you have to meet with that teacher and talk to them. Wow, I didn't realize what you have to do. And not all Elementaries have those programs so your child may not go to the campus that he/she would normally go to. Its pretty cool though. They all sound awesome and I am open to any of them being decided for my child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know what I went through to get Hunter registered at Franklin. It's a pain in the butt, huh? At least it's finally all done though...& it's done way before this school year is even over. Go us! Go us! Go us! Go us! Go us! Go us! Go us!

kjera said...

yes, then the fun begins at the end of this month. I have to fill out this packet for Rylee, then I have to go into a screening with a group then I have to do a personal screening where its just rylee,YEAH SO MUCH FUN. Oh ya and she has to have a hearing test done. oh and if she needs an IEP I have to do one of those meetings. Its easier to connor registered for Kindergarten than it is for Rylee to be screened for preschool.