Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yeah for Chores

It has caught my attention that my kids are really wanting to help with cleaning. Before they would just help me here when I have asked them. Today Connor started unloading the dishwasher for me. He knew he could not touch the breakable dishes. He went through a whole speech about that. Then he put all of the cups and plates for the kids and then put the silverware away. I was soooooooo proud of him and it shortened my time of doing dishes!! In the middle of all this Rylee wanted to help with it. She came in too late and there wasn't much she could do. When Connor went to school she helped me clean the t.v. screen and the glass door on the cabinet next to the t.v. Yeah, its finally clicking!!! It might stay as a perminate task for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to do that with thr boys, but nothing really clicks in to them. Preston does try to help me with dishes but he just gets in the way & it takes even longer to do. Hunter & Preston both like to try to sweep & mop; but thats usually after I'm already done. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I did it! I got the boys to actually do something to help me out today. Preston helped, a tiny bit, with the dishes & Hunter helped watch Alexis so I could get in the shower. Go me!!!!!! j/k!