Saturday, January 26, 2008

Enlightened Perspective

They're written by Andy Rooney , a man who has the gift of saying so> much with so few words. Enjoy.......>> I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of > an elderly person.> I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.> I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my> day!' makes my day.> I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of > the most peaceful feelings in the world.> I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.> I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.> I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have > the strength to help him in some other way.> I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to> be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.> I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and > a heart to understand.> I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on> summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.> I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it > gets to the end, the faster it goes.> I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything> we ask for.> I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.> I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make life > so spectacular.> I've learned... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to> be appreciated and loved.> I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts. > I 've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are> only letting that person continue to hurt you.> I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.> I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to > surround myself with people smarter than I am.> I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a> smile.> I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with > them.> I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.> I've learned... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the> ones you miss.> I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock > elsewhere.> I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her> one more time before she passed away.> I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, > because tomorrow he may have to eat them.> I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your> looks.> I've learned.... That when your newly born grandchild holds your little > finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.> I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but> all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it. > I've learned... That the less time I have to work with, the more things> I get done.>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are all really good. You gotta email those to me. You know what, we can make that into a poster type thing & then frame it for our husbands as a gift for Father's day. I bet they'd like that. What do you think?

kjera said...

ya i think they would like that

Anonymous said...

Hey josh has a blog now too. Go figure that a misionary has time for a blog, but I guess it's a good idea. I mean, it's the best way to keep in touch with all your family, right? Here's his address:
www.joshhaws.blogspot.com. I'm sure he'll love to hear from ya.