Thursday, January 31, 2008

Peaceful Stroll Around the Block

What should have been a nice little fun stroll around the block turned into a loud obnoxious scene. This morning I set out for a walk with the kids. I thought it would be nice to let them actually walk themselves rather putting them in their wagon or stroller. Needless to say they are not ready for that. Unless, we move some place that has sidewalks. We got down the drive way and down the little stretch of asphalt, but not even a few feet around the corner Rylee trips. She cries I pick her up and carry her a little bit down the road. I put her down and tell her she is a big girl and mommy can't carry her. She walks a few feet. Then, it happens again. Not even thirty seconds after the first trip. She starts wailing as loud as she can and won't let me put her down. So, I say that is it we are going back home. As we are headed back home I can't count how many times Connor almost trips. I hold on to Their hands and it was a good thing because they trip like every two seconds and I had to keep them from falling. All the while Rylee is screaming like someone is trying to kill her. Connor took the words right out of my mouth. He says, just as we are getting to our house, "no more walks mommy".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! When we come voer to play, that never happens. You're kids need help. J/k! I have to put my kids in the stroller just to go to the park down the street. If I don't, Hunter is walking in the street, Preston is falling all over the place, & of course Alexis is crying beccause she wants to get out too. Strollers are my best friend when it comes to walks. HEY... here's an idea. If you want to try the walk thing again, we can tomorrow after I get Hunter from school. It will go much better this time, promise.