Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our Long Trip!

This morning while I was at a birthday party for Rylee's friend, Spencer calls and says he has locked his keys in the car. Not only were they locked in his car but in the ignition! I was like how did you do that. I am just guessing its cause he didn't get any sleep last night because our A/C was broken. So I drive out there and half the 101 freeway is closed. No problem cause they show you signs where to detour. This was for the 101 North. Well we get there unlock his car and eat lunch in the Hospital cafeteria and head home. We get on the 101 south and that is closed down too! So we try to make it back home but there were no detours for the south. Luckily I had this feeling to take Hayden home and Winter calls her g-pa and he tells us we are going the right way and to head to McDowell and get on there! Wow I left at 10:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 3:30pm ugh we are all wiped out. I am just glad I took Winter to help me navigate. I just learned that I knew the surface roads a lot better than I thought and so did she! And it was my first real freeway travel experience ever and I had no probs! I used the 60 and the 101!

2 comments:

Winter said...

That was a lonnnnng trip! Glad it's over, but glad I got to go with you! :)

kjera said...

ya it was so helpful cause you could get to the kids when they were being naughty and you helped navagate and you helped me watch my speed! I was surprised by how easy it is to speed on the 101!!!