Monday, July 18, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent

One of the solutions I found to allergic reactions to laundry detergent with myself and family was making it myself. I thought it was this long drawn out process that was going to drive me insane, until my good friend Jeanne showed me her recipe. Its quick, simple, cheap and keeps your white pristine and your colors bold!


The ingredients you will need are:

Borax Powder
Super Washing Soda
1 bar of zote soap
(all of these products can be purchased at Wal-Mart)

Directions:
measure out 2 1/2 cups each of the Borax and Super Washing Soda and put in a container
grate zote soap into powder mixture and mix well.
for one load of laundry you only need 1 tbsp of laundry mixture. For extra soiled clothes add 2 tbsp of laundry mixture.

One batch makes 150 loads and costs about $5-$6 to make. Alot of our eczema flare ups have subsided after using this mixture it has been a life saver, thank you Jeanne!

0 comments: