Monday, August 2, 2010

Scrubbing Those Books Clean

This morning we got to go to Connor and Rylee's school. The reason for this was that a boy in our stake was doing his Eagle Scout project. This project included scrubbing off books and and shelves. Also some were vacuuming the shelves as well. The kids had so much fun helping scrub down the books. I think they were into it because it was their school. The librarian was having so much fun that people were in there cleaning. She hasn't had an assistant in forever. This whole project put a big smile on her face. We ran into some employees who were scrubbing the building that know us and it was fun to see them and chat. We ended up staying the whole time. We thought we would leave early but we were one of the last few to leave. I had so much fun and my arms had a wonderful work out but it was all worth it. I talked with the librarian and asked her if she needed help (volunteer help) in the morning and afternoon and she said yes she would! But she doesnt want to over work me. And I said dont worry about it cause all the kids will be in school and I have to drop them off and pick them up anyway everyday and so I can come in and help before and after school!

3 comments:

kjera said...

oh yeah I forgot to mention it was for the school library der. hahah I am so spacey sometimes!

Winter said...

You said it was the school library. :P Spaz.

Anyway, glad you found something to do during the days while they're gone! I'll be bored tho! haha

kjera said...

hahah I wont be there all day at the Library just a few hours here and there :P I can still come get you! And def do the temple!