Friday, July 30, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Tonight when I got home I really didn't want to make anything that would take too long. Actually I really did not want to cook. I have been dragging all day. So I assessed what I had in my pantry and freezer. I look in the freezer and I had some left over turkey bacon. Then I looked in the pantry, and I have these little 4 oz packets of instant mashed potatoes. And I had broccoli that needed to be eaten and I had cheese. So I decided to cook the bacon until it was really crisp. Then I threw that in another pan because the bottom of the other one got too burned. Then I took my broccoli that I chopped up and put it in a measuring cup and put some of my instant hot water from my water cooler. That steamed it, I then threw that in the pan with the bacon. I shredded 1/2c of cheese and threw that in. Then I measured out 4 cups of my instant hot water and dumped my instant mashed potatoes in and presto! I had instant potato soup. I combined that with the other ingredients and bam I had a soup in a few minutes! The kids loved it and went back for thirds. That is why I say it serves only 4 hahah because my kids ate it up and kept eating it. And the upside its a little heathier than most things that are instant :)

2 comments:

Winter said...

Bravo!

btw.. forsakenpast.blogspot.com :P

kjera said...

awesome thanks!