Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pressure Cooker Broth

My friend Jen gave me an awesome soup recipe that includes making your own broth from a whole chicken. This sounded so yummy, but then she told me she makes it in her crockpot. Sadly, my crockpot went the ways of the Earth a while ago so I no longer have one. I, however have an electric pressure cooker, who just happens to be my best friend lol. So, I went to work on looking up how to pressure cook broth! What I found was that a lady did an experiment between her pressure cooker and her crockpot for broth. What she found was her broth with the pressure cooker was clear and smooth and gelled just right. Her 8 hrs cooked broth from the crockpot was not as clear and smooth and she was shocked by her findings. I am going to attempt this myself this next week!

0 comments: